Sunday, September 23, 2007

T-38


New piece today. It's a mood thing. I did a watercolor of the window in the Hotel Paris in Florence. I'm working from the watercolor and a photo. I put too many layers of gesso on this canvas. There is nothing grabbing the paint off my brushes. I am really having to force the medium onto the canvas. I'll make sure my next canvas has more texture. The last piece had too much tooth and I found it sucking up my all the paint. So, the Hotel Paris painting is very glowy. And I want it to get glowier. I've done a few glazes instead of putting opaque paint down. Hopefully I can save the special glowy part and layer up the shadows for the effect I want. Tomorrow, I readdress the canal, the 3 gondoliers and the hotel window. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment